Isshinji Temple was founded in 1185 by Honen, the founder of the Pure Land sect.
It is known as the “temple of Kotsubotoke,” and there is an old custom of making statues of the Amida Nyorai Buddha from the remains of the deceased every ten years.
The temple was destroyed by fire during the war, so only six statues remain today, which were collected after the war.
The Isshinji Theater adjacent to the east side of the temple hosts a variety of events.
|5:00-18:00 (Reception desk from 9:00-16:00)
|without a holiday
|Free of charge in the precinct
|2-8-69, Osaka 2-chome, Osaka, Tennoji-ku, Osaka
15 minutes walk from JR Tennoji Station North Exit.